Release of Liability
READ CAREFULLY - THIS AFFECTS YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
In exchange for participation in and the use of the Block Party Trailer organized by Constance Evangelical Free Church, of 16150 Crosstown Blvd NW, Andover, Minnesota, 55304, and/or use of the property, facilities and services of Constance Evangelical Free Church, I agree for myself and (if applicable) for the members of my family or small group, to the following:
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by Constance Evangelical Free Church, or the employees, representatives or agents of Constance Evangelical Free Church.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activity and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my family members, and further release and discharge Constance Evangelical Free Church for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my family's use of or presence upon the facilities of Constance Evangelical Free Church, whether caused by the fault of myself, my family, my small group, Constance Evangelical Free Church, or other third parties.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend Constance Evangelical Free Church against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my, my family's, or small group's use of or presence upon the facilities of Constance Evangelical Free Church.
4. FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of Constance Evangelical Free Church caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by family, my small group, or me.
5. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under Minnesota law.
6. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree and acknowledge that Constance Evangelical Free Church has offered to refund any fees I have paid to use its facilities if I choose not to sign this Agreement.
7. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
8. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be submitted to mediation.